IELTS Coaching Institute in Himachal Pradesh
Gratis Learning Institute is the best IELTS coaching provider in Himachal Pradesh with highly competent trainers who are adept at giving result oriented IELTS coaching and guidance for future aspects
- Do you plan to enrol at a foreign University or College?
- Want to apply to Companies overseas?
- Desire permanent residency of U.K., U.S.,Canada, Australia?
- If yes to any of the above, then the IELTS test is the straight up route for you to reach your education, career or life goals.
IELTS (The International English Language Testing System)
IELTS stands for The International English Language Testing System. It is taken by the students in order to study or work in those countries where English is the primary language of communication and instruction.
It is a compulsory exam for admission into training programs and universities in the UK, Australia, New- Zealand and Canada. It is often recognized by Professional bodies, government agencies and immigration authorities in these countries.
IELTS is managed by three organizations – British Council, Australia IDP IELTS and Cambridge ESOL examination- the University of Cambridge.
Holding such significance makes proper IELTS preparations an important prerequisite. Without which you cannot obtain higher scores and achieve your goals.
Our Distinctive Features
1) Utmost focus on core areas: we have been successfully training students for acing the LRWS of IELTS, I.e. listening, reading, writing, speaking!
2) Band 8+ certified faculty: our gallery shines with the most successful batches in Panchkula trained by highly experienced faculty.
3) Methodical exercises: Daily discussion and weekly progress evaluation through thoroughly prepared mock tests.
4) Perfection through accurate planning: short and flexible batches for individual attention.
5) Our results speaks for us: qualify with guaranteed 6.5 to 7+ bands score.
6) Unique study plan: Accessible course plans that are easy to process by students.
What is theOur training module Format for IELTS?
Here at Gratis Learning we train our students through a variety of easy to follow modules which are both time flexible and student friendly!
IELTS regular classroom course
IELTS Regular is a power-packed instructor-led IELTS program offered by G-Sol and is carefully structured to meet the specific needs of students..
It is our extremely productive classroom course and considered as the most popular & preferred.
IELTS one-on-one classroom course
IELTS one on one offered by G-Sol is categorically conceived for those students who require focused and individual attention. It is most sought after and benefited by those who want to get personalized coaching or don’t find batch based learning suitable.
IELTS regular- Online Course
We are soon to initiate our weekly IELTS online classes which will be specially designed for students who are not able to attend classroom courses and are comfortable with distance learning methods.
We will provide online downloadable course materials for students’ reference and revision purposes.
The main eligibility criteria for IELTS as per the IELTS guidelines are a valid passport and minimum 16 years of age.
The IELTS Exam consists of Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking sections.
IELTS Syllabus is set by its administrators namely British Council, IDP and Cambridge ESOL Examinations for both the IELTS formats – IELTS Academic format and IELTS General Training.
According to the IELTS Syllabus 2019, the Listening and Speaking sections would be the same for all the test-takers, however, there might be some differences in the reading and writing modules for Academic and General Training test modules.
There are two formats of IELTS: Academic and General training
- Academic format: it is for Institutions of Higher and Further Education.
The Academic format is related to admissions to undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
- General Training:basically for school, work or migration.
- The General Training format focuses on basic day today skills in social and workplace areas.
- It is typically for those who are going to English-speaking countries to do secondary education, work experience or training programs.
The Listening and Speaking modules remain the same in both the formats but have different Reading and Writing modules.
2 hours 45 minutes
The IELTS has band scales 0 to 9 with each band designating level of proficiency in the language.
The IELTS 9-band scale
Provided information not assessable.
Essentially has no ability to use the language beyond possibly a few isolated words.
No real communication is possible except for the most basic information using isolated words or short formulae in familiar situations and to meet immediate needs. Has great difficulty understanding spoken and written English.
Extremely limited user
Conveys and understands only general meaning in very familiar situations. Frequent breakdowns in communication occur.
Basic competence is limited to familiar situations. Has frequent problems in understanding and expression. Is not able to use complex language.
Has partial command of the language, coping with overall meaning in most situations, though is likely to make many mistakes. Should be able to handle basic communication in own field.
Has generally effective command of the language despite some inaccuracies and misunderstandings. Can use and understand fairly complex language, particularly in familiar situations.
Has operational command of the language, though with occasional inaccuracies and misunderstandings in some situations. Generally handles complex language well and understands detailed reasoning.
Very good user
Has fully operational command of the language with only occasional unsystematic inaccuracies. Misunderstandings may occur in unfamiliar situations. Handles complex detailed argumentation well.
Has fully operational command of the language: appropriate, accurate and fluent with complete understanding.
- The total duration of the exam is 2 hours 45 minutes. The Listening, Reading and Writing tests are done in one sitting. The Speaking test may be on the same day or up to seven days before or after the other tests.
- The registration fee for the IELTS is INR 12,650.
- IELTS scores are valid for 2 years.
The IELTS Exam Pattern
According to the 2019 test pattern, the Listening, Reading and Writing tests are conducted on the same day while students might have to take the speaking module on the same day itself or within seven days prior to the Listening, Reading and Writing test. Tests need to be taken on the given days failing to do so have undesired consequences.
The academic and general test modules are similar in some test components:
Listening is same for both the modules.
- It consists of four sections, 40 items:
- The first section is a conversation between two individual
- The second is a monologue/speech.
- The third section is a conversation among a maximum of four people set in an academic setting.
- The final one is a monologue on an academic subject
Each section is heard only once.
It is different in academic and general test module.
- It includes three sections, 40 items
- Text passages are given to answer questions in multiple-choice, sentence completion, summary writing, matching information, short-answers. The reading passages and questions are different in Academic and general modules.
- Each passage consists of 13-14 questions.
- The reading module has in total 40 questions.
Reading IELTS Academic
|Reading IELTS General
The syllabus includes three long texts.
Subject matter range from the descriptive and factual to the discursive and analytical.
The texts are authentic and are taken from books, journals, magazines, and newspapers.
These tests are appropriate for candidates entering university courses or seeking professional registration abroad.
Requires candidates to read extracts from books, magazines, newspapers, notices, advertisements, company handbooks, and guidelines.
These are materials one is likely to encounter on a daily basis in an English speaking environment.
The writing test module is different for academic and general test.
- Topics are of general interest and suitable for candidates planning undergraduate and postgraduate studies abroad or seeking professional registration.
- It includes two tasks:
- In Task I, you will be presented with a graph, table, chart or diagram and asked to describe, summarize or explain the information in your own words.
- In Task 2, you will be asked to write an essay in response to a point of view, argument or problem.
It is same for academic and general test module.
- The tests are recorded for evaluation purpose and consistsof three parts that simulate a face-to-face oral interview with an examiner.
- The Speaking component assesses the candidate’suse of spoken English which takes between 11 to 14 minutes to complete.
- The entire speaking test is recorded by the examiner.
- It comprises of a 3 part one-on-one conversation
1) In Part 1, questions are asked about oneself and a range of familiar topics, such as home, family, work, studies and interests.It is 4-5 minutes long.
2) In Part 2, a card is given askingthe applicant to talk about a particular topic. 1 minute is given before speaking to prepare.
3) In Part 3, questions are asked related to part 3.
There is no criteria for pass or fail in IELTS. Applicants are graded on their performance using scores from 1 to 9 for each part of the test – Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. The results from the four parts then produce an Overall Band Score.
This 9-band system measures scores in a consistent manner – wherever the test centre is located and whenever the test is taken. It is internationally recognized and understood. Book your free demo now.